also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Thursday, December 14, 2017

what I want 12/14/17

what I want, I really don’t want
but I didn’t know that until
what I wanted became what I got.
it seems only then
that I somehow realized.
now I am stuck with what that is.
really how does wanting work?
did I over-want?
what is it or who is it in me that wants?
there is the rest of me
that looks at the wants gotten
and almost inner laughs at me to my own face.
who is that of me that does this wanting
and for what did I get?
now I have the malaise of stuff
soon abandoned as if it was ever relevant.
there must have been a then
when it was oh so precious in the want.
now I have to live around
all the acquired from wanting.
some part of me is crazy to want.
I must be looking past what is right here.
when I think about it,
the want for me
is like a potential turn on switch.
I must be significantly bored
to turn to want.
if this is a learned habit of mine,
I certainly need to go deeper within
or be present enough
to see what is right before me.
want is a fool’s gold business.
yes, I can value it, over the short haul
but then it all turns into stuff,
maybe memorabilia stuff
but still just more stuff.
it seems I do want
but it’s frustrating.
what, in my most clear moments, I want
is something out of me
not something from the world for me.
how did that get so confusing?
it is as if the world is a trip
totally dedicated to turn me on
but not really.
just passing the time,
still waiting, still wanting.
it’s like I have an inner voice
that has a bullhorn.
it just shouts out this ‘I want’ stuff.
I know, just give it a rest,
but it’s not that simple.
it’s a habit, there is conditioning
and lots of momentum without much resistance.
want just jumps up and demands attention
as if there is a mandate
that I should be entertained.
I am tired of being the audience to this.
there is no real passion to wanting,
just a preoccupation into almost an addiction.
I don’t really want a life.
I want to create my life.
but the contradiction continues
and the paradox lives in my mind.
I don’t even know
if I am making any sense of this.
something deeper is going on in me
and I find it hard to attend directly.
want is really easy
but create is vacant and yet vast.
the search from within is for a drawnness,
something that commands and compels,
where I am an operative from within,
not knowing or wanting
an exterior want in mind.
I want what want can’t give me.
that, there is, the conundrum of,
I want . . .






No comments:

Post a Comment