also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Monday, March 27, 2017

homelessly honest 3/27/17

arriving late in the soup kitchen line
too late for vegetables and hot
hoping for warmth and liquids
no spoon will be needed, using the cup
as if it were a pair of one sided gloves
to also warm my palms huddled around it
with just sipping and simple satisfaction
amidst the presence of the caring from others
long cold nights will pass
with this recent ember as memory
I will have a warm heart
and eventually will drift into a hard sleep
a necessity for standing tall tomorrow
this provides for a light
at the end of the daily tunnel
simply appreciative is the script
for I know this to be true,
quite straightforwardly

as it passes through me for living

No comments:

Post a Comment