also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Monday, December 7, 2015

Sky-train passing 12/7/15

There is a freight train of cloud boxcars,
full of rain passing overhead.
These are flat bottom freight cars
filled to the gills with moisture.
I don’t see the under-lying tracks
but the train is swiftly rolling.
What keeps the cars from spilling their rain-grain,
I do not know.
There must be lines of tracks in parallel
with all the trains racing the same direction.
Someone somewhere is going to get dumped on
with a heavy load once these sky trains arrive.
Although a favorite pastime,
I don’t really know how to count the cloud-cars
as they pass.
I use to guess at railroad cars from the start,
maybe eighty, eighty-five to one twenty,
but in this arrangement,
I never saw the engine
and can’t so far, see the caboose.
Not worth a count
without a beginning and an end.
Sure I had the whimsy to do this
but not the timing.
Do all rainclouds eventually dump their load?
I mean, sure it could be just rain,
then again maybe snow
or even more interesting, topsy-turvy hail.
How does that work
while these trains are just in transit?
Simply wondering
while this sky-land is steeply animated
and deeply crowded with this moisture load
hard charging in sky passage . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment