also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Fishbowl 7/21/15

Floor please?
I put reality in a fishbowl and I stare at it
as if it were tucked under my arm
as I am riding an internal elevator.
We reach this floor where the door opens my eyes.
I stare out into the fishbowl.
There, staring into life for a moment
but no one gets off.
The door closes.
The elevator itself fills.
We swim on to a cache of fishbowls
submerged beneath my staring pool's upper flat edge. 
The door opens my eyes,
searching out each bowl's content.
They are so much the same, inside or out.
The door closes on my contemplative understanding. 
Now, surpringly, there is another bowl
between me and my staring out.
The elevator opens shedding light into this bowl.
The glass-like boundaries disappear.
The door closes my eyelids again
on what is left of me staring.
What fishbowl was there to start with,
is, what I seem to be asking . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment