also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Sunday, March 15, 2015

essence in a word 3/15/15

I take to the wrangling with words, trying to whittle them into birds of flight from the mind to heart beyond the matter at hand. Words that come and go, as if name tags in passing on the experience-flow of the day. Looking at words in the way as if staring at a stream reveals eddies that seemingly surface-appear but then are gone. Some look up at me with those big swirling eyes that impart a meaning I am in desperate need of and didn’t know before their presence at hand. Some wander by as if on the side of my sightseeing eyes on a naming road-journey but don’t get a second glance. But some strike me, even in the slaughterhouse of supposed understanding, and these, they go much deeper. They are words I cannot kill with interpretation’s conclusiveness. These words are encrypted with heartfeltness. These words show me self-reflected, into a mirror of depth, my mind cannot refuse to enter. Each syllable is a leap into this vastness. My field of being is expanded. My pubic reality self is only witness to the inward spirit of self in this embrace. This meaning, as in the superficial, fades but the essence intoxicatingly lingers. Self-love, unbeknownst to me, is ignited even though I make no self-conscious claims in that regard but the feeling is fullness and light. How can this happen and not be a conversation with a soul-mate, or an angel, or a divinity blessing me with presence? In my prison of awareness, I take with my hands a vow to rub against the walls of these words until all is dissolved before me, until the essence is both revealed and imbibed within me. Words, all of them, as vacant and wayward as it may seem to me, I still dedicate to this rub against my reality as consciousness provides me with this ongoing option. Until I am a tear larger than my body’s capacity for water, until I am a cry-out beyond the mass of me to be sound, until I take up no space as a separate being any more, I am the rub-up against words, I am the invitation to hear and interpret and understand as if that is the (w)rappings on the true gift offered beyond the register of meaning, beyond the path-work of recognition, beyond the mindfulness of comprehending. For me, there is a spiritual encryption to every word, and I will listen with the ear of my heart until every utterance-mountain of life before me and of me has,

in essence, spoken this sound of oneness through me . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment