also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Friday, February 13, 2015

Wintering With Geese 2/13/15

I place myself in the cycle of things wintering with geese
seeking the eternal youth experience traveling over attitudinal geography for self-perspectives to fill just this one day. My body, having lost the lightness of the flight-hum, carries more the drum of it, louder in my deafening ears. Here, while the geese preen, I tinker with my reflexes notice my joints have opinions, organs ponder their demise. I made all these plans to do with life's free passing. A toast to life, for all its ignorance of my personal views and celebration of simple pleasures. I am a full cycle child-like acceptance now. Will I always return from the dream that holds no fear? My daydreams return finding rhetorical questions, seeing me half empty. How to respond, to explain deadlines' falsehood without have-to's bearing alarm on this day's journey? My mind is liquefied with murmurs, scanty intention dressed in firm resolve. Wintering with geese, I am directed out onto this stage that others believe in, to own the carry of themselves. Medicine is my stage-mother taking me everywhere that death is my career, giving me all kinds of false encouragement not to tell about life, beyond hormone induced experience, beyond life's chemical rides. Medical terms are now the tools crafting my body. I carry many generations exiled into this momentous death walk. I am a chronology not able to speak the metamorphosis, keeping to myself behind game-face ways. Others have a freer access to comment about me. My strength is a role I play in other's perspective. I sleep a long way from the canopy of life, more so near the roots, the natural composting place is so close to me that I slip through into another world where time is my soup. Here wintering with geese, I easily leave returning not of myself, shocking me. I fight it as if it were on the outside, overtaking me. I feel the rigidness and claims that these edges are not mine. They are part of that it process and part of me. Now is too slippery to say my needs. My family is the embarrassment of distanced well meaning but I am not that lament that gives me life. Wintering with geese, nesting at the source of being, bound by circumstance to pretend the truth out of me . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment