also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Monday, July 28, 2014

time chauffeurs my duplicity * 7/28/14


Dancing the dance humans call history,
these next two minutes are cheek to cheek. 
My mind, as with these momentary hands,
delicately grasps the intimacy of this passing.
These two records immerse, unchecked,
letting some recognizant g-force ooze
onto my screen of experience.
My blind confidence will see it, name it.
My solar plexus uneasily yawns at it
exposing the dark side
of a wide-eyed cynicism looking through,
though not wanting to,
and a mindful penetrative idealism
grasping at the slightest draws as uplifting.
There is an apprehensing, a future nausea,
held down by thicks of my willfulness
readied to dish out mind-filling lessons
to be impersonally imprinting on me
with that "don't-you-ever-forget-this"
inner voice privately bellowing at me.
But time chauffeurs my duplicity,
as these two temporal frames,
cancel each other's darkness against light.
Silhouettes fired from the same blaze
as likenesses of myself,
both in dialogue as movement,
both dismissing each other’s fixated poignancy,
yet in time, living the bliss as the rest . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment