also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Soul From the Cookie Jar * 5/14/14


She caresses my inner ear
to demonstrate how closely her species listens. 
She spins herself in a circle towards spiral
then showers me with monosyllables,
thinking that we've made love
in a thousand memories, now raining sound.
In the evening, we wrestle,
finding the animals of ourselves
that come out in our dreams.
I tell her the moon is much much larger,
peering out at us
with her one glowing yet knowing eye
while the rest of her lay still
but very close to us
under the black velvet cape of the sky.
Each night we reshape our thought-bodies
cuddling into one.
Occasionally we put on our physical bodies
as blindfolds, to be lovers under the sun.
On a cloudless night's warm stillness,
memory melts us
to a different planet and circumstance.
We are alone there,
speaking to myself with my head in her lap,
overhearing me say her mind.
Sometimes I glance up quick
and see her smile as time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment