also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Friday, May 16, 2014

Shared this time * 5/16/14


There are times, I’ve been a snowflake. There are times, I’ve been a sin. Times I’ve been the queen of hearts for an entire evening, in a highly contested poker game. There are times I’ve been a rough draft-worthy carbon tip, for sketching off this pencil, a soft number 2.  Sure, I have known myself as rot and also as slow life upon a windowsill. Been a bright color in a tail feather on a Bird of Paradise, and a sudden tear from delight delivered down an orphan’s face. Been part of an O.C.D. letter count, 17th “E” on a cereal box. Oh yes and also been one of many stylish links in a cougar’s showy bracelet on a Friday’s hunting date, been the pressure in peeve on a outbreath, and a rearview mirror glance in anger, and played a small but timely bit-part in ‘desolate for ages’. I was the keynote presence in a memory, and the initial hands-on contact surface for receiving stolen goods. I’ve been some fruity flavored gum under a sit down service counter. I’ve been useless grease on too tight a nut, the lower case “L” on a ancient typewriter key, been on the belly side of an antique spittoon, and part of the plastic lid on a container of goldfish food. I’ve been dog-eared, in the compression part of a door slam, and floss that was never used. I’ve been to all these whereabouts and back. And no, I truly couldn’t have done any of this without you, either by your guided assistance or by your contact, some how indirect. Historically I have been all these things, as even now, just simply a presence part of your read. It’s a wonder you don’t know me. For we have shamelessly shared these same confines of this small corner of the universe, so many times and over. And always, just as thoroughly and easily as you’ve shared this current time with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment