also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Saturday, May 24, 2014

opening to grief * 5/24/14


A trapdoor opens, below my gut.      
Gushing forth, from a blade so swift
I did not see the blur.      
There is an adrenal flood,
high up the tree of my eyes.
To look around and nothing to blame,
the numb thud pouring in.      
A vacuum is tugging my heart down      
where my gut used to be.      
Not wanting to name it,
but mental fury insists.
Sounds flee from the shaping of words, 
downward, guttural as tongue-less.      
My body, leaping at sentences,
stumbles into a diminishing sense.      
Who drives these facial expressions,
I have never met.      
Who owns me now?      
I plead for the fuming to stop
while all the frayed ends of my life      
soak more deeply in misery.
There is a blaze,
each breath ignites.       
Any face to hear me now,
but no listener's grip is coming.      
Torn-apart-expectations as even now,
this mind is the last to know.      
The pounding from within,
looks across at these thoughts to utter,
"who are you to save me now?"
The fury of dialogue, saliva and sobbing,      
out of my mouth, down the front of me.                                                                   I am intending to defiantly spit
on my lost motor control,
that sets me off,
to yell up my spine.         
A tongue-lashing is sparking up to my eyes,     
punishing my mouth in passing.      
Hurling sounds I cannot shape
at self-composure,      
who knew me then.      
Gasping parts are in disarray. 
Fumbling continues with another fix of breath.      
Firing off one more round of wretches.      
Without focus or frame,
drowning mind surrenders the reins,      
heaves from the inside of it,      
hurls life in my face,      
smears the juice of despair into my veins.
Images, punching my mind's eye,      
bursting the unsaid past.
Livid now, every cell is first person,
telling me, yelling at me,    
where I only want to hear whispers of pain.
Opening to this grief,
is burning hot coffee, in sorrow's lap . . .    

No comments:

Post a Comment