also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Saturday, March 29, 2014

she took her mind as her lover * 3/29/14


She has a life out there and gives appearances. She even forgets herself towards the fill of it all. But when the nights alone come, and now they do come often, who or what else is there that is the stuff of intimacy?  Easy with that whisper of dialogue but who else to the rescue for trust sake? It is that part of her that cannot leave. Anger at that inner voice, long ago abandoned. Sure, doubt about her sanity includes that voice but not in an accusitive manner. She never parts from its recollection, never to challenge its appointment, never to replace it with anything. Everything that is noticed, presumably joy’s final resting place, even frustration’s constant bond, comes back to her as that voice, to tell her what she needs to do. “I will always be telling you what you hear. Challenge me and your aloneness will be overwhelming. Separate from me and your confidence will fade. Take me truly into your arms and contentment may come your way. Together, we can philosophize your existence. Our conversation will always be on cruise. Only in the end, will you discover what a shill I have been. A wallpaper, for walls that never were your lessons, will go unsolved but your vanity will be served. Who of you is there to challenge my perusal? Will you take me as your lover? Our confinement deems it so. No matter how close you come to life, my common sense will first apply. Fate may play with you from time to time but you come home to me, no matter. When we are together, only rest will happen when we are finally one . . .” She took her mind as her lover. What else was there for her to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment