also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Tuesday, December 3, 2013

That somewhere else * 12/3/13




There is that somewhere else, within.
At times, I sense it as a beckoning.
I just simply try to listen for a location within me.   
It is much more indiscernible
than my smallness can demand it to attend
becoming evident directly to me.
I do not know how to take off
my self-sense of demand, enough for me to go to it.
I can live for the mist of it, the vacant wash of later,
my stance of asking, this my sense of insistence,
yet in my circumstance, it otherwise pays no heed.
I can treat it as an ambient noise of sorts,
like a distant plane stuck stationary
in that vacant sky above me, when actually
it is not flying anywhere but I am free to assume
it’s leaving and that it will
not be worth my further attention.
Therefore that must be yet another plane
passing again and again.

Still there is a resurgence, softer than

a slight of breeze, but firm
in which my definites survive
several rechecks with an insistence
but it is not an overwhelm or saying a command.

I feel like I am being asked to politely sip from it

but my only option is to jump off the edge 
of everything I am holding dear in protection.
There is this place within me 
that I know to be sacred and needs to be found
and I journey within all around to no avail.
A map and baggage appear as vain attempts.
I knock on all the doors of understanding
without response or relief.
I consider caves or clouds that are all with-inn. 
Somehow I see that I send statues for placement. 
How dumb is that?
I have considered a “from here to there” as my error.
I surrender but don’t know what to offer
as sincere evidence of such
or where to send to reveal.
Every void I approach fills with my story
in murmur translations.
When my cells shimmer, 
I feel a smile coming on
and my self-conscious camera crews
rush to the scene.
I am then trampled with shortcomings,
though earnest as they are.
How can so much enormity felt, be so obscured?
I am fresh eyes of sight but cannot attend.
At times, it feels like a disaster scene
of massive proportions and I, like so many others,
are desperately looking amongst the rumble
of reality for lost relatives of myself.
To know avail would help!
It is not that I am obstructed by definites
or obscured by preoccupations.

It is as if I had my twin that died at birth

but lives on within me as my spirit
that I seem to experience vaguely
yet separate from my knowing,
somehow sensing that not to be true
but it becomes my only means
of maintaining this connection
to a richer sense of self realized.
I am duped to go there inadvertently
when it is freely here within, all along
but unfulfilling is this kind of recount.
Are we all orphans in this way?
What heritage is this to be half full?
I sense my serenity in this
to be as an endless ribbon
and not a succession of bows
hidden here and there.
I within, want to quantum my life
and therefore,
no more somewhere else to go . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment