also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Sunday, September 15, 2013

the movie is tasteless * 9/15/13


She put down the page of my life
as I walked away from her meaning.
Somehow the blanket around me
unraveled towards her.
I turned, loaded my mouth with words,
preparing a response.
Instead a wreath of thorny rose stems
gut-fully came my way.
I doubled over this crown
of her pronouncement.
In my chauffeured projection,
I was both the weaver and recipient.
And I felt her indifference look down,
applauding my deepening pain.
I lay there, a sedation of nouns,
as I looked up at her.
She seemed pre-topical,
a de facto mandate of silence
staring me down.
She was preparing her humanness,
to leave me right there.
I searched for storyline reasons
to follow her, but instead
unrolled a red carpet
of my wounded responses.
Her dominance walked away,
commanding my undivided attention. 
The popcorn machine is serving boxes
of my teeth yet this movie,
to me, is tasteless . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment