also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Wednesday, September 25, 2013

leaving the mainland to travel the sea * 9/25/13


“leaving the mainland to travel the sea!”
Well that is the statement I have
as my opening remark.
But it is not really like that to me.
As a metaphor, I am not leaving one for the other. I am not actually interested to express as if they contrast or are opposed to each other. I could easily have said, I am leaving thought to return to thinking. Actually I want to say, I am experimenting with the terms of engagement as language provides, and I am challenged to say what seems clear to me.
I want to expansively widen my gaze and stop the intrusion of particulars. I want a language, so to speak, that does not present in description but only immersion. I want understanding to mean presence shared, empathy from the one heart, no rational constructionism, the emergence of the energetic truth ongoing. I want the mindset, from so many years of 24/7 acceptance and involvement to be set aside, to be in internship, to come from a deep source-well of spirit, that there is not a ‘leaving’ in the sense of taking anything with me to keep myself stable, grounded, and familiar with what is already self-consciously linked by the immediacies of my memory. And that the notion of travel, as in going from one place to another does not really
convey the real notion of expansion to include as the ‘travel’ intended. These are verbs that have come to the point of extinction for viable usage. Even ‘mainland and sea’ are just one in the same when seen far more deeply than depiction tends to offer, or more in fundamental essence than comparative truth has ever ventured. Therefore that statement, “leaving the mainland to travel the sea,” is only an invitation as a form of metaphorical self-permission. In your wildest notion of leaving your senses and what they provide, in your deepest inward view of the limitations of experience as practiced unceasingly, in your most insane clarity of being, as if all of this was presented to you on the last day of your life and explain in detail, all the intricacies and the confoundedness, the paradoxical needs and the volumes of lostness and aloneness that was absolutely necessary for the spirit of you to come to this day, this moment and transcend the individuation and ignite beyond the contention of darkness, in the true spirit of you, the aspect of the oneness given to you as the light, and the facets of human integration you came to pronounce. Then and only just then
do you realize beyond the rational and the subterfuge, this phrase, “leaving the mainland to travel the sea,” to be a transformational incantation where when you say it initially, you may have no idea of the meaning embraced now leaving you for the oneness of the universe that you have come to say, vibrationally express, beyond the self of composition, now being the spirit of you as the enterprise, or the source of you that we all commonly shared without a shared resonate clue. Yet we are all in the practice, however the scale, as consciousness could provide, “leaving the mainland to travel the sea” . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment