also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Thursday, July 25, 2013

the plane of understanding * 7/25/13


When I am shoved out
of the plane of understanding,
albeit a trap door release,
a swoop down with talons,       
a whap upside the head,  
or a push off a crowded curb,
whenever that door is that door, opens,    
I have never seen that door before
upon further review.
My plaintiff 'why me' comes to the door.
My logic argues that this door, right here,
is not my door.
But assuredly it is.
This is my door of entry
to a near 'creativity' experience.
What voice that surfaces from inside me,
is not all that familiar  
but it is still assuring me. 
What is coming on
is faster then admissible details justify.
I don't have time for justifications.
I have to get on
with what has a grip on my attention
and is force-feeding me along
on the periphery of my awareness.
It sort of feels like levitational flying
but I also feel out of control in the process, 
like a need to grow wings.
I feel at the mercy of what is happening.
I am getting smaller,
falling into a vat of victim hood.
A need to quickly hose off my psyche,
find a steering medium for my alertness
and expand my focus.
I have missed the richness
of these situations before. 
I need to feed myself
the richness of this free rise.
Maybe it is not the adrenal high
I would search for.
It is not so experientially extreme
but any frame-jumping-next-experience
in essence, offers me the same opportunity.
Understanding may be
just my safe hygienic way of non-involvement
as if identification of anything
is free passage around it.
How vacantly can I say
"seen it, done it, been there"?
How disenfranchised a lament can I utter
that does not say
more about me by response?
When does my sad commentary
solicit yet bore my own soul?
Searching unexpectedly now
through familiarity's crash-landed debris,
is the black box my soul,
until I open it . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment