also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Tuesday, April 16, 2013

when we think experience * 4/16/13


I can hang a question
out there to ponder,
like furry dice,   
hung in the car,
from the rear view mirror.
Pretty soon,    
I am looking into that mirror
for answers.
What's with that?   
That experiential reverie,       
that everyday mind,
looking back
and I am a captive audience,
messing with meaning
as if it were a glue stick
putting impressions together.
Maybe I am just trying
to pass the time,
feigning interest,   
having purpose,
addicted to experiences
to save me. 
I make up consequences.
I tried being a romantic.
I tried life with feelings.
I tried being busy.
I tried being important.
I gave up on everything
but still experiences
came my way.
It was not healthy,
not trying,
carelessly so.    
Life became options
gained or lost.
I adapted to the life of choices,
like it was on the menu
before I really noticed.
Still tunnel functioned
as if I was a flashlight
on in a darkened room.
I lived in the spotlight
of service to hide away,
to give freely    
and it was a good time
away from
all this unfinished business.
Secretly, I was suspect
of purpose for its grandness.
I was suspect of pleasure
for its loss of control.
I was suspect of meaning
for its failure to convert me.
I was suspect of death
for its promises.
I was suspect of fear
for its neediness.
I was suspect of joy
for its frozen smile.
and I am very suspect
of this thumb opposing
sense of responsibility,
pressing me into time
and all-I-can-do experiences . . .
What is it with us,
when we think experience
is the composite of what we are?

No comments:

Post a Comment