also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Saturday, March 16, 2013

The hobby of experience * 3/16/13


I took up experience as a hobby.
It takes up a lot of my free time
but I mostly enjoy it.
Well lots of people are in to it
but for very different reasons.
Some are professionals.
That never seemed to be my calling.
Yes, I have meet
some of the professionals,
and also some beginners.
I seem comfortable
with what I do with it.
Have some accomplishments.
Have gone to several conventions.
But it hasn’t overtaken my life.
Now, I rarely go to the big events.
Didn’t really save much
in the way of trophies or awards.
I kind of like the daily tending
in small but intimate ways.
Enjoy the hands on
and being creative with the details.
I still keep up with
all the latest developments.
Enjoy the immense diversity out there.
Although it has grown
and is immensely popular,
I still stay close to the basics.
Surely I can see how
it’s not for every one.
But it can help to pass the time
in rich and fulfilling ways.
It seems that simple sharing
seems best for me.
I have no really major projects
on the horizon for now,
but I do get some ideas
and generally follow through.
I think it’s good to have a hobby
and have it for finding a way
of expressing yourself.
There is surprise
to some of the outcomes.
Occasionally, I meet
the most amazing people.
Certainly, for me,
it’s more fascinating then
eighty ways to slice bread.
In the beginning,
I kind of fell into it, to start.
And certainly,
there were enough people around
to begin to share.
The upkeep is minimal,
not a lot of excess involved.
I don’t expect it
to get me into overwhelm,
although there are
infrequent deadlines.
Hey, details can be fun.
Sometimes major themes
take odd turns in the process.
Ever so often,
others are more helpful
then I ever thought possible.
Realistically, there are some shows
but really, there are no winners.
It’s fascinating to see
what gets done
and what others will present.
I think everyone should have
at least one major hobby
to peak their interests.
This one is mine
and it works for me . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment