also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Thursday, February 7, 2013

the meditation is a constant * 2/7/13


The meditation is a constant
yet I sway away from it and back.
Even in knowing this, of itself,
is a subtle sway.
All of the mundane fixtures
of the day,
offerings of illusion,
by topics and deeds,
they provide an opportunity for sway.
Recognition, in any form,
is a posturing of sway.
For it is hard in image
or by voice coming through
to feel for the energy directly.
In conjunction with
or in spite there of,
vacillation beyond permission
leads me along or astray
rather then follows my intention
as an affirming directive..
Yet people around me abound,
inclined to speak
as if they are in control
of this process.
I lack for that inheritance.
It is like in a dream,
where I am riding a horse
and any sense
for controlling this horse,
is a waste of my intention.
This horse takes me
and that is my status,
to follow and accept what is so,
without intervention
as if I was in control.
And there,    
behind all of this,
the meditation is still a constant.
There this is,
from a bathing
as a birthing coming forth.
It cleanses me
by my attention in revisitation.
All that I bring
is washed of its journey.
In it,
all is present
and forward of my sensing it.
When I return from this vastness,
there is all that I brought to here,
not as remembered
but present,
not serving me as memory,
just freshly there
and unquestioned,
extensive but not as noticed.
It is a continuum of richly filling
yet not curious,
nothing brought into focus
after these edges of surge
have settled down.
Nothing of urgency occurs.
For all the presence of forms
that could be as such identified,
there is no forebrain pursuit nor need.
It is as if an overlay of life
could layered down, settling
and disturb nothing,
just play itself out
thoroughly throughout
and not crease nor blind
this vastness.
It is as if reality were
only a window's reflection,
a background flowing along
around a central altar
of intimate light.
That of itself,
reflects upon this background
but not disturbing
or altering its course.
A procession
of this constancy of now
is somehow in movement
but not the movement in life.
It is never the drama nor anxiety,
never the compression
of self-sense,
never the identity
that takes up lines of thought
and converts them
into rationalizations' framing action.
This procession of timeless ascent,
not rising but lifting,
not going but expanding,
not of something
towards somewhere,
just of the essence of motion
but not spatial
as if engendered.
There is no sense of surface
nor containment.
There is no beauty or beholder.
It may have a voice
but no location.
It may have a sound
but from no direction.
It is not knowingly approachable.
To me,  
the meditation is constant.
It is unerringly consistent
yet without refrain
nor impedance towards perfection.
Why I have words,
is a lingering false hope,
maybe a resistance
to letting go,
yet I have no measures
of pain or delight.
If this is compelling,
it is molecular within me rebelling.
Identification is a false grounding,
playing a disturbance
as a worth,
a lingering as if of singular memory.
yet, it is an ego death's
a flotational device,
claiming itself,
seemingly stuck in a desert well
by self heritage,
yet the meditation is a constant
on a beach of forever
lapping with waves of adoration . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment