also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Wednesday, January 2, 2013

hoodlum, masked as thought * 1/2/13


There is a space before recognition
that force-feeds me.
From there, an insistence occurs
before thought’s constancy
as a preoccupying morass.
There is this rife of definiteness
before the piercings of distinction.
There is a presence before
this ignominious and limited
sense as perception.
That ongoing essence of me
behind the claims to be me
that gets through this,
leaving a path to and from
unknowable remoteness.
How I have bones that know
but do not stoop to the telling.
Where I have teeth that repeatedly
stand guard and witness,
over breath, ingest, and conversation
they will inwardly assist
with what can’t be said. 
I am a carbon-dated relic of this
insisted entombing experience
and yet devoid
and distanced from it.
I am a bound and gagged absentia
living by the force of this truth.
My consciousness is myth-filled
yet it has the strength and fiber
of paradox, to grow on.
I perpetuate as shadows of self
to deductively prove
my substance of being.
Experience is the disease I suffer
to be sustained by this harangue.
I have no morals or carriage
to maintain,
for that which has of itself
as syntax,
keeps me away
from self-consciousness
as a confluence of sins.
I am but a topical scab, flaking it,
into this dance of oneness.
I have bruised as my sacred path
and blood-flow
as my inexorable birthright.
My manifest is of malaise,
yet there is an unknowable hum,
pronouncing itself by its absence
beyond definition’s embrace.
And how any self is in diminishment,
is this triumph in the making.
This universe is without conditions.
This manifest is without our permission.
That is our true home
as its emptiness regales in refrains.
As I am not my self,
with serenades that never say . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment