also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A moment with voice * 1/22/13


Reawakening to each moment
amid an environment
heavy with contingencies,
considerations incessantly barking
in the background,
the burdensome weathering
of emotional follow thru
discharging in the air
where by breathing
as an assumed comforting labor
of occasional recognition
is, once in a while,
appearing as a sigh,
amidst the fanfare of symbols
gushing forth with meaning
and my audience face
amidst the reluctance
and outright resistance
to intentionally perform
apparently meaningful acts
that are simply, empty of soul
yet are rationally construed
but barren of juice,
too thought out distended,
too comatose automatic
and too dumb-down rehearsed
to be repeated to death.
I go away from such acts
and yet repeatedly do them
at the same time.
I give of myself
and give up myself
by doing so.
It is a helpless treading
of the liquid of lostness
but still grappling
with new found substitutes
for a shallow
but spirited existence.
Dutifully floating down
but subjectively lifted up
by the naiveté
of my first person novelty
prancing delightfully before
its own cynical self-conscious view.
There is a murmur
with a half mind voicing it.
There is an exhausted listening
with a half mind hearing it.
Nothing is really of distraction
and no thing is really a focus.
Happening is in effect.
Living this life is as affect,
disguised as a functional self
representing itself.
I am here as my agent
to represent myself
to gain a permission
to be myself,
well, to be my undisclosed self.
I am here to negotiate
for a wealth of being
and to limit performance times,
audience appraisals,
well actually,
to be perfectly honest
to eliminate story and audience
altogether.
No standing back,
no withheld-ness,
no senseless regard
for the appropriate demeanor
or the politically correct topic or delivery.
All candid, all alive, all the time.
I hurt, I laugh, I loose.
We hurt, we feel, we embrace.
Slap me
with unexpected turns in the road.
Throw pebbles
at the windows of my soul.
Rub up against my caricatures 
and make me respond from beyond.
Validate my infrequent aliveness
with likewise when and return.
Sober me up with soulfulness.
I want the nectar
of the depth of being
to wash over me.
I don’t want me.
I want the me of us,
the momentum of us-aliveness
poured over me.
I don’t want words
and somehow agreement.
I want the oneness of us
suckered out of me.
I don’t want definitiveness
or accountability’s reward.
I want the collective
with empathy slap stick shared.
I have a moment with voice,
but I am still only breathing in
what oneness breathes out . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment