also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Friday, August 3, 2012

The future past * 8/3/12

When I look at the future pasts

and the past futures

as perspectives,

I get a different take from the now.

What I want from a sense of future,

knowing this,

is not high experiences,

but a continuance of an undertow

in this ongoing now,

that is momentous

in the ever-change

yet without events that upstage,

without emotional freeze-frames

as the anchors,

nothing notationally significant

but yet an ever-breeze of expansion

and inclusion and embrace,

as always like the secret partner

in a billowing sail,

as always like

the undisclosed orchestrator

of a growing forest,

as always the buoyancy of laughter

well after the impetus is forgotten.

What I take from the now

does not have a life of depiction,

yields as a show of strength,

creatively surrenders

to cohesively include the ongoing,

sees elegant apertures

of permission openings

from everything that is in motion,

conveys soothing

before particulars sensorially present,

has gaze-assisted sight

of and through everything noted.

The future past will come on to me.

Its arrival is, in all ways, imminent

as well as eminent

and I may find it as impressive.

But as the future past is a perspective,

I am better conditioned

to accept that view

then ever to occupy it

as the present.

We have so many handles

of experiential engagement

for future and past

but so little intimate immediacy

for being in the now.

For a then, as the past future,

it will constantly remind me

as with an audience appeal.

In an “A” to “B” mindset world,

all of this could be or was fine.

The future past is like,

“I meant to swim in the now

yet I only made the effort to row”.

But in the now,

this here, now,

not the future past

nor the past future,

if the immersion is minimal

and conclusions abide,

those conclusions are there

only floating your boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment