also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Sunday, August 5, 2012

And you * 8/5/12

I, like many, self consciously

live in my own self-city

filled with floating sensory input,

somewhere between an air popper

of ideas bursting forth,

a cotton candy machine

of desires delighting with attention,

a carpenter’s nail bag

of future responsibilities,

soon pending then hammered,

a loud stairwell of inner voices

all talking at once,

a spacious secret garden

inwardly impressive

with the power of silence,

and, hard as I try to avoid,

you.

Try as I might

to be solely self involved,

to construct and deconstruct

each storyline

I can possibly take as personal,

And yet, there you . . . are.

You must be some form

of empathetic humanity-speak

I can’t dismiss or diminish.

I hear with my ears

and you speak from my heart.

I see with my eyes

and you look to light up

every scene upon entry.

Whatever story I tell myself

as real,

you immediately intake

but not as consequential,

more as an opportunity to either

immerse, embrace, create,

surrender or complete.

Why do I bother having a life?

It has gotten to be so,

that where ever I go

whatever I do

however intense

or complicated it can be,

there you are

and it’s me in this morass

and secretly, you in me.

It feels like a kind of

You-Tube-schizophrenia.

Its me, and within me,

its me and yup, you!

It’s getting to be commonplace

within my awareness

that I am now duplicitous by nature.

It’s what I would normally do

and then there’s you.

But I wanted to be me.

I had all the cultural input,

I had all the parental conditioning,

I had all the friends and enemies,

the emotional tattoos and traumas

to solely become a formidable me.

But no, I had to soulfully become you!

All I can essentially do well these days

is secretly channel you

and still call myself me.

Hey, it used to be just me . . .

(and you),

and now

it is just becoming me . . .

(as you).

No comments:

Post a Comment