also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Saturday, July 28, 2012

But is . . . * 7/28/12

Hope dies

in the eyes of transition.

If it dies

in some sense of realization,

it is saved for face.

If it dies in complete failure,

a religion echoes its refrain.

Hope’s precious

but subtle volatility

lives on ethers from memories

and half breaths

from fractured expectations.

Hope maybe a composite

of emotional textures,

wrap in momentary images

to sweetly suffocate from within

yet for the comforts it provides.

Hope can live on small whiffs

for filling the now

with washed out possibilities.

Yet hope, is that singular bus stop

on the mountaintop of being

where you can see forever

in a friendly distant, though muted

yet inviting way.

Hope handles imaginary crayons

with precision to color the heart

inside every emotional scenario.

Hope has a permission clause

to invoke a deep soothing cleanse

to be comforting

through the passing of time.

But all those comforts,

consummate in service as they are,

for this blessed cause

have been eventually

termed into emptiness.

Sure scent trails remain,

some lucid and still monumental,

beneath the stark of a now’s

immediate insistence.

Hope is as convoluted as this:

Illogically a barking truck

picks me up and drives me away.

It looks and feels like it is trotting.

As I sit in the passenger seat,

I notice it has a I.D. collar

but I don’t want to read its tags.

My hope is,

maybe it is taking me home . . .

Any tears that could come

from this story,

are hollow with a vacancy

that cannot be filled.

Even a solid slap of full dismissal

can’t provide resolution clearly.

Hope’s tears are too limp

and slow pooling to follow

the manmade tears tracks

gravity would provide.

If I stood up and faced the wind

from hope’s announcement

slowly and thoroughly,

over and over again,

would I be crazy to want to

just go to a store,

almost any store

and buy a vast array of things

giving the appearance of normality,

just to hear

the checkout person say to me

“paper or plastic”

and feel again the impersonalness

of the world kissing me

with feigned attention,

while I am still guarding my hope?

I am consoled, truly consoled

by the humor of that.

My heart aches from the longing

but my spirit is quietly smiling

at what emotionally suspends me

from existence in a real way.

My spirit takes me

to fly interior kites,

kites with sensuously long

beautifully colorful tails

against a sky of sanguine sorrow.

These kites, as hope would say,

are pushed up, head over heels tall

by the wind-sweeps of dismay.

How beautiful it would all be

if I just stepped away

from this canvass of feelings,

put my private paints

of feigned existence aside

and allowed my spirit to breathed.

And know now as I knew then,

that we still share

in the same breath

however awkwardly hope exists

as it is does for now.

Other dimensions wait patiently

for me to reemerge,

for a liquid of hope in me

to see the wide expanse,

once again.

That will happen, eventually.

I will trick myself

with next moment’s enterprise

until all of this is

very much compressed and dried

and put away from a constancy

of beckoned attention.

After all,

there was never any mass to this.

This was just, a presence expressed,

feelings smothered in co-minglings

and celestial realms entered

by permission shared.

And so it is,

as hope would say of itself,

not withstanding,

I am an ongoing

ever so slow,

eventual, unhurried eternal death.

One we wouldn’t have wanted,

for this to be so,

but is . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment