also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Saturday, June 2, 2012

If China were my eyes 6/2/12

If China were my eyes,

I open my five star hotel eyes

to face one star walls.

Someone else's sneeze

in another room

is waiting for

this box of Kleenex in my hand.

Throngs of humanity

are in this edifice of first impressions.

Behavioral clues are readily given

with no other assumptions needed

but for now, the backbone

of evidence is ready money.

The foreground is financial seeking,

while the background is

revenue backing

as this dominates

the large and growing

city by city day.

Cultural formalisms around me

would appear to collapse without it.

Everywhere historical references

become anecdotal to my eyes

but to the point of ineffectual.

The people themselves are moving

low key gregarious

as a functional collective.

Government support

is like a stage mother in the wings.

Life caste systems abound

as historical evidence around me.

Transitions seem to be in the works.

My switching careers

or stations in life,

may not ever occur

even by the strongest of intention.

But, with each generation,

one giant step forward occurs,

from one speed bicycles

to digital cell phones

is the recent leap.

I could toil my life,

this life, as my entire life,

right here

and to now

meet up with myself

with these new eyes,

for the first time in passing.

I wouldn’t know what to say

or where this meeting

is going to take me.

It would be in a parallel life

that this meeting would occur.

And meeting in those eyes

my eyes, with these eyes,

we are each

knowing what we know,

what is there to say?

And yet I can feel

that we are essentially

the same soul journey

from deep within,

arising . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment