also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Tuesday, May 29, 2012

time is a way to dress * 5/29/5

Give me your ‘now’ look,

without the cosmetics overlay

of time.

Put on some ‘occasion’ wardrobe

to give me a sense of purpose

and a definite orientation

for what to wear

as a perfumed mind into the future.

Let this be an ‘instance’ sip

in a soup kitchen of candid views

as if by taking this moment,

we, you and I,

have a shared sense of embrace.

You, otherwise,

have the look of an era

until our eyes do meet.

This may seem like only a minute

of true face to face,

but in that instant,

of eyes into eyes,

we may escape from being in time.

We may have only a few seconds

of this timeless feeling still left.

And then, in a flash

we are here, once again,

time burdened, as in a phase.

I pray for this jiffy, once again,

of timeless interaction.

I would be so pleased

with even just a flash,

just the slightest glimmer

would serve my spirit well.

I want to escape this periodicity,

as if it were made

from tentatives of mood

as passing dark clouds,

thick with conjecture

and forever overlapping.

But in my heart of hearts,

although time is a way of dress

we, in spirit,

we, that is you and I,

eye to eye,

are always totally nude . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment