also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Thursday, May 31, 2012

I am gone * 5/31/12

I am gone from here completely

but for what is left that remains.

And I would gladly

and freely give all that away.

For what had become of me

is of no real measure,

for what it is of now

that lives through me,

and leaves no benchmark stains

in its method of departing.

I used to live like an alcoholic,

but, for me, it was

only between the post-swallow

and pre-physical-surge stage.

Now I have no obvious addiction

like that to claim.

Sure my favorite food for the soul

maybe a tear filled sponge

to wring in this moment.

My favorite organ's function

maybe vampire bats in my lungs,

flying the air flow

in shadow's permission

to live out the night's instincts

as sleep that never satisfies

and awake-ness that never replies.

I leave a trail of dander

as disrobing tissue

then on to the deep hollow

of my bones.

I use my belt as a hangman's rope

around my waist

for death to be politely slow.

I fully breathe

to intimidate the inevitable

as any action

is smiting death's smile

by staring back.

I can sigh ironic laughter

and plead with reason's deliverance

but all sensibilities are inflatables,

buoyant on the sea

of misery's made

as motion sickness.

Oh someone with a lit candle of spirit

will turn this way

and I will thrive on how their flame

warms their very being.

This gift of witness

provides me untold nourishment

of the kind that neither strengthens

or weakens me straightaway.

Just that embrace of itself,

as best as can be had

will feed me invisibly.

I plead to be with all beings

through their circumstance

yet no storied account

in which to cast remarks,

no lingering in which to stabilize

what could become of memory,

just a procession of moments

that glow their light in passing

and take their spirit evocatively forward

through the brokenness

of their cavernous expectations . . .

as joyless joy comes through

as what is momentously empty

it seems,

becomes the whole of me

and I, am gone . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment