also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Friday, May 11, 2012

coming to * 5/11/12

If I were writing from a place

that held some ascension,

if I were watching my words

lead me out of turmoil’s hell-bent,

if I were numb

in just one elegant full circle way,

if there were a frame of reference

as a haven for helpfulness,

just some simple hoops

I found as necessary

but also eventually unavoidable

to jump through,

just some purpose

as a manner of distraction

that inadvertently exposed

an edge to peel back,

some inner dialogue

that I could abruptly walk in upon,

some solution

offering adequate distance

yet with a sense of repositioning,

but, not really

not any single thing

stands out that way,

not a grasp seems that obvious,

not a blanketing thought

to comfort for what disheartens,

no forest for the trees comes to mind,

no real emotion of clarity

trumps this house of chatter,

no lucid point to ponder

staring me down from the mirror.

This is like

a war correspondent’s

dawn description:

“it is bleak, it is extensive.”

Nothing less than coma inviting like kind,

if at all.

Possibly deductions to come

upon further inspection.

Substantial engagement

has happened unexpectedly.

No one is left

to interview or correspond.

There are no watchers who remain.

Nothing of a neutral nature

is reporting

upon first inspections.

But like a burned forest,

which just hours ago,

was an inferno

heated with intent and pursuit,

this is now

of a scorching and charred parade.

This of itself

does not know the story

but continues to smolder

in a darkened display,

single-mindedly of it self.

It searches the skies

for light and conversion,

accepts these circumstances

as workable and working,

proceeds with the simple tasks

of existence.

As debris,

may live or may die.

It has no concerns

to alter the approach.

It lives towards replenishment

and prosperity.

No story or account tells of itself

fully into its death.

Other means say

by their living with and around,

by where they are their livingness.

And so it is like this as here.

Occasions will come

that clear the air.

Bouquets of distraction

will be offered.

Momentums and mementos

will resurface

as if it was all riding

in a vaster ocean

than can be consumed

by this hurt or pain.

Mountains reveal their lives

as seabeds.

Deltas have proudly come

from afar.

The wind has no natural enemy

and in other ways,

is eventually befriended.

And water seeks

its own familial embrace

towards level ground

and churn-dancing.

Are these as observations

my role models?

Are these as metaphors

my friends?

Are these as words to describe

my personal angels?

Is this as my brain

my eternal concubine?

Is this as my soul

an artist come to cleanse me?

What will become

of this as recognition?

Who of us will be left

who is standing as one?

Is genius harnessed

like an oxen,

laboring towards intelligence

only by domestication?

Why is a measure

of 'from here to there'

leveraged to look like

'from here to there',

as if step-by-step

and not the leap

nor simultaneity

nor the oneness essential in all?

The sacred cut as signature

is also in the frame.

And whatever is holding

that frame,

if pulled back,

may come into view.

Whose hands typed this?

What arms as bystanders

in contribution?

Where from,

does this voice gain sound?

What ear hears

towards pronunciation,

that holds this altogether,

that it proceeds

in the absence

of self-conscious approval?

Is it small or is it very large,

to be like this

and coming from out of frame?

Does it secrete

or subtly overwhelm?

Why do I intuitively retrieve

when there is a fire concealed

but smoke and smell

are the snitches?

Why does confirmation come

when no question appeared

to be asked?

Is this a beacon

from beyond intention?

Is this the acting out

as triviality is in code?

In the face of

a deeper

and more extensive means,

all I can do may be only anointing.

What I can't know first hand

but gives back to me

as feelings that live,

that bear the burden

of both sentience and belief,

for I am not

who acts out as my feel,

who consume me

as this clean burn

of this fire concealed within.

And I, as the me who wanders

now across the oblivion

composed of us

as the war correspondent.

And upon daylight's inspection,

am trapped in the coma

of sensibility,

am obliged to commentary

as if smoke tells the story

of other dimensions

that also live and die

in their procession across the now.

And for me, coming to,

besides gasping for a next breath

and fueling oxygen to the brain,

what other fertileness of the heart

genuinely seeks light unceasingly

from within

these circumstances as my means?

No comments:

Post a Comment