also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Friday, January 6, 2012

Breaking news 2of 2 1/6/12

I open my heart

to what is before me.

I open my heart

to who is near.

I open my heart in courage

to diminish the damage

of these breaking news deeds.

Now is always an invitation

for humanness to pour forth.

Nothing can ever be the same.

No more the meltdown

of passivity,

no more the cynicism

upon demand,

no more the conveyance

of dismissal.

I am those

that are in dire need.

I am afraid to admit

that I have contributed

to their circumstances.

Yes, I have contributed

to the isolation of others.

I have lived, ignoring signs

on a greater scale

for a greater cause.

I have bathed myself

in a intelligent distant view.

I have held conspiracy

as close to my heart as prayer.

I have stood in false protection

under the canopy of judgment.

I have not contributed

to the lessening of fears.

I have defined my life

as myopic priorities

and substantiated results.

Yes, I am guilty

in the first person sense

as I am by omission

somewhat guilty.

Yes, I am somewhat guilty,

as I am by conviction,

a distanced bystander.

But mostly, I am in shock

to see the world I live in

as my creation

that includes all of this.

I am starved to make it over

in a more intimate blend.

I thirst for human contact

in the riches of ways.

And I don't see why

we have to go through

such heinous deeds

to have agreement

that we all want it to be

some other way.

I only have the privilege

of this moment,

sacred and ongoing.

I only have the people

right next to me.

I only have what comes

from inside me

to give and share from within.

When will breaking news

be like breaking bread

and abundance for all of us

comes out,

of apparently nothing?

No comments:

Post a Comment