also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Wednesday, January 4, 2012

breaking news 1 of 2 1/4/12

Breaking news stands too close,

smears images across my eyes,

melts the familiarity of my symbols,

sadistically leads me

to half-truths in silence.

I am only given

dark shaded alarming crayons

from news reporters to work with.

Soon the repetition sets in

as the loops

of unanswered questions begin.

Details flood with impact inside me.

I have emotions that I numb

and questions still go unanswered.

It is all getting bigger

than it was to start

and it was very surreal from then.

There are taunting movie-like images

but with the wrong audio splices.

I keep slipping out of time

with no satisfactory reference for it.

The people are familiar

but . . . no, no way!

"There is always a body count

or a disaster frame of reference.

Why?"

All those lives, humans or animals,

perished and gone.

Where inside me do I go with this?

Conversation will eventually happen

as if we were being pressed together

and it is right then,

that it comes pouring out of us.

Simultaneous parts of me,

are incredulous yet racing ahead

to comprehend.

Everything viewed is a flat affect.

Yet the hands of my brain,

through my inner eyes,

are bound together.

There is no voice inside of me

that comes racing back to me

and makes it right

for what I am sensing.

Humans hurt

and hurt each other, so easily.

Each person is on their own

and reaching out with awareness.

Find for me that place within me

that could act like this

so that I can come to comprehend.

Find for me that place within me

that dies these deaths

so that I can live into their strengths.

Find for me that place within me

that places me in sacred audience

so that I can be released

into action for this cause.

Find for me that place within me

where I can take resolve

so that my life does not contribute

further to these conflicts and causes.

Find for me that place within me

where I have compassion

for all beings,

from what I have now received,

as this breaking news . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment