also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Sunday, December 11, 2011

the cold stone of soul 12/11/11

In love, deeply in love

but yet still vacantly feeling

the cold stone of my soul.

Once again,

sucker punched by experience.

Baited into an intimacy,

only to expose

more emotional vulnerability

in blind-spot ways.

Oops, a gut wrenching trap door

unexpectedly opens

then liquid feelings

spilled all over

the relationship floor below.

Note to myself;

have to bonsai

my blurted intimacy expressions

out to the world of closeness.

For then,

I am my own sweaty shears

of limiting self-criticism.

My apparently irrational assumptions

are stem barbed

before they top blossom.

Somehow, I seem to cut

into my growing towards the light.

The vase of me gets larger

with cuttings of feelings

upon anyone’s approach.

At first glance I appear to myself

as a small weed

in a passage patch.

No need for a second glance

is expected

from anyone in passing.

Yes, I am organic,

but in an ever diminishing way.

And like a sinking stone of soul,

I am always falling within

at a rate too steep

for even barnacles of light

to gather and grow.

It is too remote

for even an emotional subterfuge

to provide for a glance,

for anyone in passing.

A soul-stone sunk in the so cold

that if grasped by another

would cause immediate

emotional frostbite to the other.

A soul-stone so cold to me

that I forget about warmth,

even as a memory.

A cold that is its own religion.

A cold that has no signature

legible from even shadow.

A cold that is my soul,

feeling alone,

free falling,

as this,

the cold stone of soul . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment