also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Thursday, September 15, 2011

Yourself as a brand

Yourself as a brand

becomes a voice

for a product

that becomes a souvenir.

We all, by that means,

become extensively superficialized

in regard to each other.

If I am a celebrity to you

then you, as audience, imprison me.

For I am held prisoner

by the applause

of your expectations

and the presumptions

of your candid unsaidness.

All of your faces

become masks of persuasion.

You are all accomplices

to the crimes of false fascination

and the collusive contractual binds.

Everyone becomes

their own reality show

strictly for effect.

If I sponsor you with my attention

then the way you serve my needs

is in the forms of valued distraction.

Our consensual reality

becomes a managerial project.

Sharing documentation

becomes a trite form

of intentional flattery.

The intimacy of my world

is best seen through these portals

of posted comments and pictures.

I’m really just a postcard sent your way

from being relevant in your life

but we don’t do that any more,

except for, “wishing you were here”,

inside of wherever I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment