also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Friday, September 9, 2011

What is said

What is said,

tags us,

but unsaid

lives on

(unsaid to me)

What voice in you is that

that makes these claims as such?

Is your mind over working

at its own rigor?

Isn’t your attention span

gasping for relief?

And I have no more storage room

for details without overwhelm?

Look, eat the sandwich

but toss the bread!

It’s taste over nutrition,

that is my call?

(unsaid in reply)

I only wanted to give emersion

not impressions warmly.

I asked of myself

for in-depth penetration

not to give out distractions.

You may have

only wanted audience

not participation.

By understanding what I wrote,

I thought,

you have taken my hand

into yours.

(another unsaid to me)

Hey, a long text makes me

unconsciously breath deeply,

several times over.

Maybe you did want to

“turn the page in my mind”

but you handed me a pamphlet

as you looked at it,

it turned into a book!

I don’t need a diatribe

over something

when I can just sneeze

and enjoy that first hand.

I first look

to see how long it is,

then I may read

just the beginning

and pick it up again

close to the end.

My head hurts

if it’s too long.

You just can’t be writing

every single day.

Sometimes

there is just too much

details over some things.

I don’t get it, to start with.

Sure, every once in a while

one fits me.

I get back to it

when I can,

maybe the weekends.

Sometimes,

I just don’t want to

take the time

or go there at all.

Usually, outside of the haikus,

the text is too long

and the details

are too abstract

and too excessive.

(and my reply)

You wanted me

to just say spiritual high notes

in the form of a haiku.

I meant contemplative inner dialogue

not translating a diatribe.

Many things for me

are a curious find.

Yes, you give me said tags,

but unsaid lives on . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment