also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Monday, September 19, 2011

the rise and fall of value

I have a place within me

with these strange sensations,

called meanings

that take a stand.

Behind the staunch and surety,

is a subtle frenzy called value.

Its space of occupancy is illusive.

It is strung up broad and inclusive

with crisscrossing lines of cognitions

like good to bad, more to less,

and big to small.

They all seem to overlay.

Even complex continuums as

like to dislike, care for to reject,

or love to hate,

find room for display.

I do not know what use

these orientations ultimately serve

but they function within me

most automatically.

And with a great sense

of compelling immediacy,

a core choir of inner emotional voices

give sound to these perspectives.

I feel helplessness to avoid them.

I am an eavesdrop listener

and yet these strange sensations

persist quite on their own.

And I have come to live there

where value proclaims

and I respond,

in an unending season of laments

that acoustically possesses me

as a stairwell for these soundings

to hum along within me.

There is an insistence,

demanding within almost every frame.

Value-claims come to mind

like broom movements

across the pavement of each thought.

Some heartfelt interactions occur

from each sweep of the mind.

I am this habit of the engagement

yet how did this elemental task

as its motions mandate,

come to represent me,

to become me?

The rise and fall of value

is now like breathing

against the inertia

of experiences' trivial fill.

Always a way of passage is made.

All the necessities

of keeping a storied self alive

are carried out in accountability's repertoire.

Self becomes evidential

at feigning an existence disenfranchised

but unassumingly so.

There are

hugely inappropriate self-perceptions

to stir the fire

but hardly a purveyance

of conveyant wisdom to speak.

Value is like a personalized scarf

as a hip replacement

on a belly dancer.

Oh there is something to it

that is immediately appealing

but upon further reflection.

I mean,

look in the mirror!

No,

that really . . . doesn't work,

at all . . .

Value as a select from the menu

of life ongoing

is not the same

as value expressed as spirit

sharing light from within . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment