also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Thursday, September 29, 2011

my ex-history

I had this run in with my ex-history.

It wanted some say about me now!

Isn't reality only this immediacy

of interpretation?

How can a distant future of then

come back dressed up as now?

What is so wrong with this picture

that it is dismissible?

Are there not laws of continuity

and anomalies to every frame?

When something appears

to be referential through time,

aren't there vintage laws

where datedness is implied?

Yes, there is some sketchiness here

rasping as memory,

some bits and pieces remembered

in a first hand toss salad way.

But this history

wants the now of bottled dressing!

This can't be so!

We have recycling now.

And yes it is true

that facts these days

don’t last as long

and are printed with cheaper ink!

Maybe it is not even the same sun

passing in the sky above and burning

but worth, in the way we do worth,

with any sense of respectability,

does not dally in the past.

It moves its nominal ass along,

day by day.

It scavengers most every aspect of life

to build a pile of self-worth

in a constantly changing world.

This is not the long arm of the law!

This is a hunk of my ex-history,

possibly only a distant relative!

But really, can't even say that for sure.

And here it is, in my current life,

with demands!

Go . . . away.

You have no proof.

My now lives with alibis . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment