also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Thursday, September 1, 2011

duly noted

She reached back

and pulled out her lip highlighter

in contrast to commonness.

She lifted the cap off

and proceeded to do hers

into the mirror

of her own words,

like a slow mantra of default

yet exact and precise

in its application.

She then turned to show me

her winning smile.

And then she said,

"remember me by this image,

for I am the goddess

of familiar themes.

I am the diva of countless times.

I am your life lessons

posted on the face

of every next interaction

with yet another.

I am your mentor

of false assumptions.

I am the need

to be special in everyone.

And with a kiss of intention

blown my way,

now building towards

my own inner reflection,

she so savagely

and thunderously replied,

“AND DON’T YOU EVER,

FORGET IT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment