also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I saw her face part 2 of 4

“Where are the people

to feed me inadvertent intimacy?
People who are outside my story
but not outside

the fabric of my being.
I am perplexed

as I am depressed.
I haven’t the answer for either,
assuming they are inter-related
since I have it

first person and first hand.
I have a thirst,

standing in the same line

with a busy mind.
Can I share my need for quenching
and we go from here?
Can we respectfully journey

out from here
towards the common oasis

in all of us
and make this journey

rich with dignity
and splendid with shared arrival?
Can we spare the riddle

and spoil the child of anticipation

with expectations,

sweetly embraced beyond belief?

Never the mind

but always the feeling.

I was that child

that sent me this way.

I hid out inside myself

for cover to get here untouched

only to be here

in an untouchable momentum

but observant of slow self-demise.

I have authored

what I read to myself

and profoundly paraphrase it

to others as blunt instructions

for what I deserve.

I was smart enough

to know better

and now I am telling you

in so many words

that I was not smart enough

to escape my own storyline

and subsequent self-script.

But I am reading it out loud

inside myself

to see if anyone is listening

and can intercede

or edit my due.

No comments:

Post a Comment