also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Sunday, April 3, 2011

I saw her face (part 1 of 4)

I saw her facedown in the water.

Maybe it was just my perspective.
She could have been bobbing

for something indistinguishable

below the surface

of who she appeared to me to be.
It could have been

a festive environment

all around her.
I only had a small frame

of reference,

her mouth close to the phone,
tidbits of background noise,

and the length

of her attention span,

to work with.
Her traveling in Santa Monica,

my overseeing by cell,

and there is so much there

to see these days!
Life on the promenade,

memories

of the farmer’s market,
all those old men

having tidy days

in the warm sun
but obviously freezing

their ass off

outdoors at night,

the ocean view,

Sunday brunch by the beach

and an ocean horizon line

every day, lying in wait.
Well so much for her

finding an environment
commensurate with

her childhood memories

both longed for

and tantalizingly revisited,

she would privately say . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment