also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Thursday, January 27, 2011

Experience is overrated

When I would say this to people

that “experience is overrated”,

they would compute and respond

with questions or indignant quips.

“How can you” types of questions

or “you can’t actually say that

for without” . . . types of retorts.

I know there is a discussion brewing

inside their heads.

I can feel the buzz building.

Yes, what I said is/was dismissible,

upon further review, theirs and mine.

What I should have said was,

“there is a major difference between

in-take experience

and out-put experience”.

Okay, you say, explain that one.

For me, in-take experience

is generally eventful

and depicted symbolically as such.

Our highly trained senses work overtime

to take in all that is going on around us

in a sensible (pun intended) fashion.

While our out-put experience

is more ambient

within levels of complexity.

It is accomplished primarily

by presence through consciousness.

Some people have major projective skills

just by their very presence,

as if they are actors of sorts

even before their behavior

provides the everyday evidence.

What I have struggled to make clear

is to say, that I am bored with peoples’

in-take experience, mine included,

and truly fascinated and intrigued

with their out-put experience.

Okay, I know

where you are going with this.

You want to say that their out-put

is still my in-take,

so what is the difference?

The difference for me is

that I am profoundly interested

in their out-put experience, so much so,

that my in-take experience

is basically empathetic rather than evidential.

The skills to develop are like saying

that their out-put experience,

at this level is emotionally based

and my in-take level is

empathetically based.

I am focusing on their out-put

as my in-take experience

which is subtler

and less rationally conscious

as habitually directed

but more energetically truthful

about their being and their spirit.

That type of in-take experience

for me is less documentable

or even evidential

but more energetically rich for me

as an experience style.

In that way, I would have to say

that experience is both underrated

and overrated dependent upon

which method is most operative.

No comments:

Post a Comment