also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Prism

With personal boundaries,

every thing is looked at

as separate.

I am handed mirror-like objects,

where I am looking at it

but then, it is looking back at me.

These keys of transformation pass

right through my hands

but I am not finding them.

Candid self-conversations

give me new directions

though I do not follow

very well in deed.

I am able to identify

prominent stuff

that truly means nothing.

I can name all the colors

I see as immediately fascinating

but that soon fades.

My body is an anchor

so easily slipping away

unless I touch or am touched.

Senses seem to have trap doors,

suddenly giving or taking away.

I use imaginary string

to tie most thoughts in sequence

that is if I loop and knot

then I have short-term memory,

if I simply encircle

then I forget in the forward flow.

I am not sure anything ever repeats.

Blink and it rarely reappears.

My greet is simply clutching things

before they innocently vanish.

I sense I am an incessant

and embarrassed about that.

When there are quiet times

I feel I am being punished.

I become a fading phantom

if I have no movement.

This scares me

into violent inward gestures

that keep me awake.

I wish for fast spinning road tires

speedily bearing down

and running as me at sixty.

I am a rocky point

at a constant downdraft

of cold air violently rising.

I am forgetful silverware

out of order

in every drawer that opens.

I am a sadistic keyboard

filled with simple circular smiles

along the sidewalls of each key.

Clouds pass over in code

but I am not able to decipher.

Everything I am constantly aware of

has imposed limits I don’t understand.

I feel like I am always downstream

reaching back for something attracting.

There are these

mind grabbing post cards

but they are glued to a rack as samples.

Identity is merely applied paint.

Sleep gives no relief

to this lucid view.

What I recognize as cogent,

I can’t fully focus upon.

Life’s rainbow Popsicle

leaves for me stick remains.

Everything is jewelry

but not really to wear.

I am easily captured by motion.

These gallows are anything new

stoically staring back at me.

They obscenely yell

their colors at me.

Their shapes falsely abuse

my expectations.

I tried to hide from my inner voice

to escape from engagement.

But I am a prisoner of this prism,

confined on cloud nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment