also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Sunday, July 4, 2010

I drink

A little more than a year ago

I received a sort of dare/proposal.

To paraphrase, why don’t you do a blog?

A poetry blog, every day for a year?

Well it took and it took awhile

for me to go figure how that was done.

And so on July 4th, 2009,

I started a poetry blog.

A poem a day for a year!

Today is the start of the second year.

I have needed questions answered

and some talks

about the relevance of it all,

now and then.

Sometimes, I would get a email response

to a previous day’s poem,

a small expansion of numbers of readers,

a general response of,

write shorter stuff like haikus and such,

and an adamant reply, look,

just write the spiritual stuff

and lay off the abstract things.

Most don’t read every day,

who has the time!

Inwardly for me,

it has been rich and rewarding,

almost a way of life,

outwardly, a mixed bag.

But I have a better idea

of how to proceed.

And so I continue to write and post.

Technology is on a learning curve

and advice and direction are coming.

I am still looking for my audience

and or tribe of relevance.

Yes I do write more haikus

but other longer pieces still do occur.

Thanks for being there

and we continue this process together.

Jai . . . junah

p.s. feedback is appreciated . . .
***************************

I drink (haiku)

from a glass half full

drinking water I desire

leaving air I need

No comments:

Post a Comment