also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Saturday, May 1, 2010

Movie clip

There was a time

when I watched this movie clip,

over and over.

In the movie

a small squat little car

had driven into view,

stopping abruptly

as a side door opened.

One by one

an endless line

of clown-dressed folks

of so many different outfits

and bright colors

kept getting out.

I eventually imagined

that this was a trick.

Surely there was a car

but really only one person

kept getting out,

over and over.

But in my mind,

because of my perception,

I kept seeing this clown anew

while none of the others

went away,

much like when you stare

at the sunset just above

a clear horizon line kind of day,

and all of a sudden

there are many dark suns

filling the sky near by.

I close my eyes to count the suns

but they follow my vision

for looking at them.

And so I open my eyes

and they are still there.

So many of them

reminding me of this.

It got so crowded in the movie

until I couldn’t see the car.

This sort of scared me

but I could not stop watching.

I too, was a person

as a captive

of this colorful pooling,

this prism of people.

But ironically,

for a short time

on that one-day,

magically,

this one

unforgettable movie clip

set me free.

Illogically and irrationally,

and metaphorically,

it somehow set me free,

if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment