also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cosmos cast

I have taken up land

to make a body.

I have taken up space

in being and doing.

I have taken up time

by honoring it.

I have worked

the thought bank in passing.

I swam daily

in the emotional sea.

My dance card of dreams

is sufficiently worn.

I have made

longstanding efforts

at communication and belief.

As much as I have worked at it,

I still don’t relate to any being,

being alone.

I don’t see the deep benefits

of understanding’s ruse.

And this thing with experience

is so much

a rear view mirror enterprise.

No,

this is not a suicide announcement

in the making.

This is an acknowledgment

that life is slow “satiscide”,

(slowly being convenienced to death),

that experience is a downgrade

within the passing of time,

that understanding has succumbed

to a standard of impotent postures

and positional stands,

that in passing,

we are not just a recognition

of a kind of graffiti to each other,

that being self-conscious

is not just essentially the same act

as keeping time,

that intention should be

an action of trust

and not an act of will,

that working with language

and symbols,

however elevated,

fails as short-lived,

that love as a concept

would have never needed

to be invented,

that dreams are

only a measure of persistence,

that movement and rhythm

are origins of innocence,

that gazing into other’s eyes

initiates oneness as commentary,

that breathing offers reigns

towards conscious evolution.

I have a perception

that is not comparative

by its nature

but a longing,

based more deeply

on a yearning,

obsessing as a double dare

but much like a calling.

I say these things out as words

but there is no release.

We are always

the actions of the whole,

talking amongst ourselves

as if no one of us were there . . .

We are one of the casts

of the cosmos,

looking for transition,

for what makes it so,

from reel to real . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment