also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Thursday, April 29, 2010

I could not save

So once,

now served

from a distant memory,

I saw

an irresistibly unavoidable clown

pulling a seemingly endless string

of brightly colored scarves

out from his chest.

I couldn’t look away.

At first, I thought

his clothes were magical,

pull by pull,

it seemed to me

a prism stream

of colored prayer flags

poured out of him.

His flowing gestures

were like swim strokes

in reverse

up this thin colorful stream

coming out of his soul.

But he mimicked laughter

all of this time

that he was swimming.

I wanted to give him

mouth-to-mouth resuscitation,

to CPR him

full of my sounds,

to set us both free.

He . . .

a mute prisoner

of his intoxicating,

what seemed,

crazy wisdom actions,

I could not save

but loved through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment