also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Friday, September 11, 2009

The cure (re-post)

the ultimate cure

to the sickness of self

is the disease of self

in isolation from others

this is the one disease

everything else

is commonplace . . .

as suffering

no matter the observation

. . . a method of distance

no matter the witness

. . . an exercise in approximation

no matter the sympathy

. . . a version of like in kind

no matter the empathy

. . . a transference by measure

if I make your suffering

a wardrobe of my own

I do not address us as one

if I shake the hand

that binds me as contract

if I pray

for the stick end of my prayers

to heal

if I plead

with a God away from us

to intervene

I have invoked a technique

to keep us as souls apart

if cure is my God

then separation is my means

if suffering is my fortune

then we are all separately greedy

if we are

only backhanded compliments

to each other

then the whole

of our lives together

only reflects

our collective blindness

as supreme

for there is no well-being

without oneness

for there is no cure

by subject/object rewards

only as all the souls

are surrendered as one

is that affirmation

. . . it’s own decree

No comments:

Post a Comment